Title: Maintenance Mechanic
Location: BeginRight – Portland/Vancouver
Pay: $15-20+hr DOE
Length: Temp-Hire / Contract
Experience: 2+ years in Maintenance
Testing: UA & Criminal BKGD
This position coordinates and assists in maintenance and mechanical activities in our production facility.
· Maintenance of food processing equipment, HVAC system, manufacturing line systems, and all related manufacturing equipment.
· Handle departmental functions to obtain positive results in all areas of plant maintenance.
· Troubleshooting and repair of motor controls, AC & DC drive systems and PLCs.
· Must be able to use and understand blue prints and schematics.
· Maintenance of mechanical, electrical, pneumatics and hydraulic systems.
· Fabricating with stainless steel and sanitary tubing.
· Perform routine maintenance of production machines and equipment as well as building maintenance as needed.
· Regularly clean & lubricate machinery and inspect plant equipment & moving parts.
· Repairs or replacement of defective equipment parts.
· Maintain a clean and organized work area.
· Follow company safety guidelines and Good Manufacturing Practices
· Preventative maintenance is a primary focus. Successful candidates must be able to diagnose and anticipate potential problems, take a pro-active approach to solving issues before they become catastrophic breakdowns, causing costly production delays.
· Adherence to our SOP (Standard Operating Procedures), HACCP and Safety policies and procedures.
Successful candidates will have:
· At least 2 years maintenance experience
· 2+ years mechanical, electrical and welding experience.
· Experience with Nitrogen refrigeration systems preferred.
· Knowledge of welding and hydraulics.
· Knowledge of refrigeration equipment maintenance and repair.
· Good communication skills and be able to foster positive interaction with co-workers and management.
· Self motivated with respect to troubleshooting equipment issues and performing solutions with a “can do” attitude.
· Monitor overall efficiency of all plant equipment and procedures with an emphasis on providing engineering solutions to inefficiencies on our production lines.
· Ability to mentor other crew members on operational, preventative maintenance, and repair of plant equipment.
· Strong work ethic. Ability to approach tasks with a sense of urgency towards timely completion.
· Ability to work in a fast paced, diverse environment.
· Communicate effectively in writing. Responsible for creating performance reviews of subordinates.
· Bilingual English/Spanish a plus.
Email resumes: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Posted: March 15, 2015